Floral

Hey there, remember that quick fix to spicing up a closet door I wrote about not too long ago? Well...... I have always planned on making that sheet into a dress of some type......some day.....and that day has come!

One day while browsing the Ralph Lauren website, my east coast hunk found these floral shorts and asked me to make some for him. At first I though he was joking...
 "I'm not sure Utahn's are ready for guys in floral shorts and button up shirts." I told him.
.
.
.
Soon after, I realized he was serious and that's when I went all Frauline Maria (Sound of Music) and with what was once a bed sheet turned curtain was about to become some floral shorts and a sun dress.

{I have found that old vintage bed sheets like this one are way cheaper than fabric (luckily this was given to me for free) and easy to make things out of because if you do it right, you already have a finished hem! Not only that, but it is kind of a one of a kind fabric. All you need is a top sheet! This one was king sized so I had plenty of fabric to work with and have plenty left over for more projects!}
__________________________________________________________________________

$69.99

{One stipulation that I tell anyone who asks me to make them something is that they will have to have their picture taken and put up on my blog, you've been warned.}

Luckily Rob was a good sport and after watching me get my pictures taken, he mockingly posed for his.


$free
I used the elastic from a pair of Rob's old shorts as the waistband (which helps with making sure it will fit) and used a pair of shorts he liked the fit of for the pattern.  Then I took the rope draw string from an old pair of sweats to use for the draw string for these shorts which was more for the aesthetic appeal since the waist band is elastic. All of which literally made this project completely FREE!
________________________________________________________________________________


:
$59.40
I found this dress off the ASOS website and loved the design of it so I based my dress off this dress with a few modifications on my own.


$free
This is one of the absolute easiest kinda of dresses to make. I cut a rectangle and sewed the right sides together. I used the top of the sheet as the hem for the bottom of my dress making my job a whole lot easier when it came to hemming raw edges. Then I cut the sleeves and neckline and hemmed them. Then I cut off the bottom original hem of the sheet, wrapped it around my waist and instantly had a matching belt! This also was completely FREE!


__________________________________________________________________________

Rob was SUCH a good sport wearing his shorts around town to family dinner and ward prayer last night. I kept giggling because I couldn't help but think of this scene from one of my all time favorite movies
How to Loose A Guy in 10 Days.

If only I had made this pup a handkerchief of some sorts... ;)




MATCHING STYLE JUST LIKE THE VON TRAPP FAMILY.

___________________________________________________________________________

WANT SOMETHING MADE? BETTER YET WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE SOMETHING? EMAIL ME FOR PLACING ORDERS AND MORE INFORMATION!!



1 comment:

  1. AH! I love this, and I love you too! I have a dream to make outfits out of curtains too cause I love Sound of Music so much!

    ReplyDelete